Friday, December 30, 2005

Yeah ... I still got it ... :-D

Lee is a guy (a really really cute guy) who came into my workplace to apply back in October. He was in and out a few times and we had some really nice conversations. He's lovely and tattooed and dangerous looking - but he's bald. But some of his nicer tattoos definitely made up for it. We got him a crappy little job which he promptly ditched because of a better offer from a company in Houston. So about 5 minutes ago my phone rings.

Me: Thanks for calling, this is Darbi, can I help you?

Lee: Hey.

Me: Hi (this is not uncommon - many temps are convinced that I will most certainly remember *their* voice)

Lee: Hey, this is Lee. Do you remember me?

Me: Yeah! Lee, how are you doing? How is the new job going?

Lee: Going great. They promoted me to leadman about 2 weeks after I started there.

Me: Great! Glad to hear you're doing well.

Lee: How was your Christmas?

Me: Mine was good, and yours?

Lee: Good. So what are you doing for New Years?

Me: A friend of mine is throwing a party and I'm going to go there I think.

Lee: Oh, so what are you doing tonight.

Me: (dumb...not quite catching on yet) Why?

Lee: I was just wondering if you'd like to come out to my place. We can hang out, have a couple of drinks or something.

Me: (after a few moments of stunned silence) Hmmm...I don't know if that would be such a good idea.

Lee: Awww, how come?

Me: I don't know if my boyfriend would like that much.

Lee: Oh. I see. Well, have a great new year anyway!

Me: You too, Lee. It was nice talking to you.

Lee: Bye.

*THUD*

That last one was the sound of me hitting the floor. Not really ... but I almost did. Two months, and he decides to call me up for a date. How farking weird is THAT? And I'll admit it was kind of nice to realize that, as tempting as it was, I was perfectly okay with saying no. I'm perfectly happy where I am with who I'm with. I don't need to explore any other options or try anyone else out. I'll start this new year out with the one I want to be with.
...Even if Lee does have some REALLY nice tattoos! :-D

Merry Fucking Brand New Year, Yall!

Darbi

3 Comments:

At 2:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Of course you've still got it! Was there ever worry that you had lost it? And don't you worry about us not seeing each other much--it's not like I've made it down there except when your silly ex felt bad about something and flew me down. I understand, and besides, I feel you here with me all the time anyways.
Love you!!
Robyn

 
At 6:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy New Year Sister!

Love you

 
At 10:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like someone else in your life needs to get some ink! How about a big tattoo of a VW bus?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com