Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Stroke me, baby!

My ego, that is! Hahahaha ....

Do you ever just get the feeling that you are on top of your game? Do you ever get the feeling that you're overly proud of it? Do you ever decide to blog about it, even though you think you're going to come across sounding like a cocky bitch?

Okay ... well then, as long as we're all on the same page....

I am currently holding down two jobs. I work at least 8 hours a day - sometimes more, seven days a week. Sometimes I feel like I might just be dragging a little ass and that my exhaustion is showing. Apparently, though it isn't.

This past weekend, Wendy (the weekend Faire boss) told me again what an awesome job I am doing. She thinks that I am fitting people both in the hats and the costumes better than even she can do. While that specific booth may not be back there next year, she will always be running some booth in that location and has given me an open invitation to come back and work there for her any time. I am enjoying the sales job more than I ever thought I would and will happily be there next year to help her out.

This week at my "real" job, I am actually getting a lot of things caught up that I have been cluttering up my desk for a while and I'm feeling really good about that. On top of that I have gotten two specific compliments from people coming into the office on my friendly demeanor and professionalism. The other ladies in the office just love me because I can work all of the hours that they can't because of kids and buying houses and other things. My life is pretty flexible.

Beyond my working life, I am also finding time to have fun. While sleep definitely suffers, I go out and have fun during the week. Chris's mom came into town for a quick visit last night and we went out and ate and hung out at the Borders for a couple of hours. It was a blast! I love Chris's mom. She rocks. I also do a fair share of drinking and fun on the weekends out at the campgrounds at Faire. So while I am working myself like crazy, I am still having a great time.

Pretty much my only downfall is my own failure to give enough attention to my spiritual and mental health. I am trying to remedy it though. I'm trying to spend a little more time meditating and concentrating on some of the important things INSIDE, and am going to start journaling a little more to work out some little internal issues that bug me from time to time.

Overall, though, life is just great. I'm working hard and playing hard and loving lots and lots. I hope that you all do the same!

Love,
Darbi

1 Comments:

At 1:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I do not rock. I am quiet and boring. Really. Just don't pay attention to those people behind the curtain. I AM THE GREAT AND POWEFUL... oops. Got my realities confused for a moment.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com