Saturday, August 27, 2005

Hello again!

Okay ... so I'm back to blogging. No real reason why I abandoned it so suddenly ... just busy I suppose.

So what has been going on in the life of *MOI* for the past two weeks?

Well let's see ...

Being unemployed I got really used to having plenty of time to do things that I wanted to do - adding lots of extras to my day. The biggest of those was reading Stephen King's Wolves of the Calla - Book Five in the Dark Tower Series. Since getting my new job, I found that I was missing the time in my day to read like I wanted to. This took precedence over my internet time in the evening here lately, but I'm happy to report that I've FINISHED as of about an hour ago. So I'm attempting to catch up. Now it's time to gather up some pennies and try to get out and buy book SIX! Then I'll try my hardest to evenly distribute my time between reading and blogging in the evenings. Lord knows there's NO WAY I can get any blogging done from work.

Which brings me to my next "thing I've been up to". WORK! I love it. I was excited to have fallen into the HR field a few years ago. I was excited about it - it fit with who I wanted to be. But then the problems at the company started to leak into the job and I wasn't excited anymore. I stuck it out because I had a vague rememberance of the excitement that I used to have ... but it simply wasn't there anymore. Lucky for me this new job has awoken it again!! I remember now why I love HR in the first place and I'm passionate about it. I am loving it. I am once again focused on my career and know exactly what I want.

It's almost a year I've been knowing Chris. I can't believe it's been so long. So long, in fact, that it's almost time for Faire to start up here in our neck of the woods! I can't wait. What's even better is that Chris and I have gotten JOBS there. So we'll be pulling IN money instead of spending it - which is always a good thing. But we'll still get all of the good feelings that come from being there. I've definitely got to get a good Faire outfit or two together now though. I think I'll be working on that a lot in these next few weeks. So if I ignore you, blogreaders, from time to time - please forgive me. It's a necessary absence, I swear.

So...working a lot and reading a lot. And lovin' Chris. That's my life these days and life is good. My money problems will eventually disappear. Everything WILL be okay. I know it will. I have faith.

That's it for now. I promise it won't be two weeks before you hear from me again.

Darbi

6 Comments:

At 3:09 PM, Blogger Charlene said...

Hi
That is great that both you and Chris got a job..I would like to see pics of you and Chris when you go :)

 
At 9:11 AM, Blogger The Merry Widow said...

I'm not sure, but I think that Misty misses you.

Anyway, glad to have you back in blogworld! Now if I can just get some time to hang out in real life...

 
At 8:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

At some point in your life you are going to have to grow up. Life is not the little fairy world that you live in. What comes around goes around. Remember that. As for your blog....ever thought of seeing a therapist to vent? And for the people that read your blog religiously...GET A FUCKING LIFE.

 
At 1:34 PM, Blogger Darbi said...

Hmmm...so, Pissy Bastard...seems to me that YOU are one of those people that reads my blog religiously. Why don't YOU get a life. Mine is great, thanks. :-p

 
At 11:31 PM, Blogger L said...

what is with the anonymous people reading your blog?
anyways - i just stopped by to say
XOXOXOX!

 
At 12:19 AM, Blogger David Edward said...

yes anon is such a week place to come from.
I remember that good advice" consider the source" - and when one has no identity, one has mo validity.
You don't exist Poof! invisible

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com