Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Checkin' in real quick...

OK...I PROMISED it wouldn't be two weeks before you heard from me again and I kept it. It's been MUUUUUUUUCH longer than that and I'm sorry. Even Chris's mom said something! *sheepish grin* So here's a quick check in. I'm stupid busy with school and work and getting ready for Faire so computer time has basically cut out when it's not course related.

We have a storm coming and we may or may not be evacuating north to my folks' house but I'm THRILLED because Chris's mom is on her way here as we speak. They are evacuating where she lives and so she is coming here to stay with us. She will be going with us tomorrow if we go. Stay safe, everyone, and we promise to as well.

I had a death affect me terribly not long ago. A friend that I've had for nearly 6 years at my old job died. It was really horrible and hard. I never thought that when I left there I'd never see her again - or that when I saw the rest of my workmates again it would be in a funeral home. I was torn up. Please, everyone, know how much I love you. Come and see me or tell me to come and see you. I never want to go to a funeral again thinking of how terribly long it's been since I hugged the person's neck.

Off to prepare for Chris's mom's visit and get some stuff ready for a possible Evacuation Caravan. I hear William Shatner's "Convoy" in my head...

:-D

Love and love to everybody,
Darbi

4 Comments:

At 9:41 PM, Blogger L said...

i hope you are safe with the storm.
xoxo

 
At 8:03 AM, Blogger David Edward said...

we are glad for those who only got wet, and praying for those who may have gotten soaked. we will trade you an Earthquake anytime
if you like to laugh I write a (sometimes ) funny blog

 
At 5:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You see what it takes to get me to visit anybody. I promise next visit will not involve a disaster. I enjoyed my visit and want to do it again.

 
At 5:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sister,

I need long conversation, a long bike ride and even longer hug. Know I love you very much, you too Nekkid.

Weeks like this make me miss the old days very much.

Please call me when you get a chance.

Love you both.

Stormynight

"Say, Elaine are you up to a long bike ride?"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com