Thursday, October 13, 2005

One Year

Time is a funny thing. The last year has been both the longest and the shortest in my whole stinkin' life. Go back, check the archives, and you'll see that today it has officially been one year since I met Chris. One year ago tonight I was sitting alone at the Cafe and struck up conversation with some silly boy. I think that even at the time I knew that I was meeting someone who would be very important in my life. I don't think, though, that I could even fathom just HOW important he has become. In one year I managed to meet, become friends with, begin dating, and fall in love with someone. That's a lot for one year when you think about it. Do I regret it? Not a bit. At the same time, it seems like he and I have been together forever. He is comfortable and familiar and well-loved like one of those t-shirts that I can't bear to part with from my middle school years.

No big plans for the evening. In his usual style, Chris doesn't remember the day. I gave him a card this morning, but don't mind that he didn't do anything for me. I'm one of those people that believes the joy in a special day is actually making the other person feel special - not requiring them to make ME feel special.

And Chris is very, very special to me.

Back to work for me! Y'all have a GREAT day!

Love,
Darbi

1 Comments:

At 7:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So he forgets your anniversary without getting bitched out for it and you're supporting him, too? You are a far more patient woman than I.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com