Sunday, February 13, 2005

Working on a Sunday

So here I am...working on Sunday. I worked Saturday too. But I can't complain too much - I do get paid for this ridiculous amount of overtime. And I DEFINITELY can't complain because one of the first excitements of today was a knock on my window. I've got an office closest to the front door, so it's not uncommon for people who can't get in to knock on my window for me to come to the door. I expected to turn around and find a forgetful coworker who forgot their key or a contractor forgetting we're closed on the weekend in the office. BUT... I turned around and saw Randy. I know I've mentioned this cutie a couple of times in blogs past and if I weren't feeling blog-lazy and trying to finish up a quick lunch I would find some links for you - but I'm going to have to ask you to rely on memory here. He works for a contractor that does semi-regular work here at my place of business and they are here today working out in the shop. He saw my car in the parking lot on the way in and decided to stop in for a quick "hello" before getting to work. He even climbed over a gate to get up here to see me! :-D So he came up and we had a nice little chat. He lost my phone number AGAIN but has got a new cell phone - so he put my number IN his phone so hopefully he will call soon. He is just one of the coolest, sweetest guys. I like him a lot and hope that he calls. He always say he will, then never does. But I figure he must be at least marginally interested - at least in a friendship - because he's really got to make an effort to come up and see me. If he didn't think I was a pretty cool gal he could just stop coming by. Right?? Right????? This is my logic on the situation anyway...

Another quick thing I wanted to post...
I am a pretty avid reader of Houston's CraigsList. I just think it's the coolest damn site and you can find all sorts of weirdness on there any given day. Last week a number of the "rants and raves" posters started posting lists of personal confessions for the masses and I joined in. Of course, I try and be as honest as possible on my blog as well so I thought I'd copy and paste my list here as well. Some of these things many of you already know or have been able to deduce fairly easily from my blog. Some - maybe not. But anyway - here is my list of ten confessions for the masses.

1. I had too much to drink last night and am sitting at work with a helluva headache.
2. I also had some great, rough sex last night so it nearly hurts to sit and my chest is covered with hickeys so bad they feel like bruises - and I like it!
3. I have some real-deal lovely bruises on my hips and ass. They feel great.
4. I hardly have time to read at all anymore and I feel like I'm losing brain cells over it.
5. I'm ridiculously in love with someone who won't commit and I'm sure that once I finally give up on him and move on to someone else he will change his mind. But I won't. Life's an ironic bitch.
6. I try very hard not to use people for sex to keep my mind off of the guy I love. I used to think it was because I felt like a slut, but really I think I just don't like using people.
7. I hope every day that my next relationship will be with a girl - because I really, really need that right now. I don't know why.
8. Quote from a Real Sex episode which describes me perfectly "I love girls who look like cute boys." I reeeeeealy do...
9. I'm an all or nothing kind of gal. I love girls, but if I am with a guy, he's got to be hung. If I can't feel it there, you better not have one.
10. I'm very tired of being overweight and am becoming very insecure. I am about to put myself on a huge diet that will probably lessen my general health but I don't care. I want to be thinner.

Well...I better get back to work. Today's the last day to finish the massive filing project that's due for the audit tomorrow. I simply have to stay until it's done. Please let me get out of here before tomorrow...grrr....

Darbi

3 Comments:

At 1:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So I was going to call but since you're at work I'll just leave this here and talk to you later. I have to agree that commitment's not one of my strong points, but I do think I maight be willing to try out a little taste of it. We practically are anyway (or at least act like it enough). I'm working tonight, tomorrow night, and tuesday night. Although it would mean a loss of sleep. I wouldn't mind being picked up tuesday if you don't mind the drive or loss of a few hours. Although there wouldn't be much time for anything other than sleep, it would still be nice. By now you should definitely know who this is, as well as other people who follow your blog regularly, and/or know you and hear you talk of me. Hope to see you soon. *muah*...
May rampant monkeys dance naked thhrough everyone's dreams ... gwahahaha

 
At 3:05 PM, Blogger Darbi said...

Tuesday it is...I've got dinner with Blue that night right after work but you won't get off until much later so I don't see a conflict...see you soon!

 
At 11:24 AM, Blogger egan said...

You are the best!

Love,
E-FO

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com