Monday, December 20, 2004

Moving

Boy, what a weekend! Saturday morning I got up early and showed up over at the ex's house at the appointed hour with Mom and Dad on my heels to pay the moving company. Moving company was supposed to show up between 8 and 9. We fiddled around and made sure that everything that was going to get moved was ready to move. 9 came and went. I called and left a message at the moving company. I finally get a hold of someone at 10 to find out that a job that they had last night went way over and that none of their moving crews got to bed before 3am. So they were going to be late. So we waited. I spent 3 hours on Saturday morning with my posse glaring and staring at the ex and his posse while they returned the favor. It was not a fun scene. But Ex started drinking and disappeared so things got better after that. Moving company finally arrived around 11, we loaded everything up, and I got to my new house! I started unloading boxes - who ever knew I had SO much CRAP? Of course, the ex did a crappy job of packing everything so there was a lot of trash and stuff to throw out. Everything was terribly dusty from sitting out in the garage for the last 2 months so now my allergies are a mess. But...

Everything else aside, I AM IN MY NEW HOUSE! I have SPACE! I have my OWN ROOM!!! I am sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo excited. All of my furniture is pushed up against all of the walls leaving a great big open area in the middle of the room big enough that I could do cartwheels across if I so choose. And that is how I like my room. Creative decorating is nice, but space is better. I've ALWAYS done that with my rooms. As soon as I was old enough to have any say at all in how my room is arranged I always wanted as much carpet space as possible. This is the reason why I opted for a tiny day bed instead of getting a larger bed. The day bed sits right up against one of my walls and takes up very little space. 9 times out of 10 I only get into my bed to sleep in it. If I'm looking to lay around I throw some pillows and blankets on the floor - it's better that way! I have more options! The day bed also works well as a couch - right across from the TV. My room has lots of bookshelves, my bass, and an altar in front of the window. It's just like I wanted it. It's perfect.
The rest of the house is great too. Carmilla has a real knack for decoration so I've kind of let her take it over and it looks awesome. She always checks with me to make sure that everything's okay -but I trust her absolutely and know the place is going to look great. It's cozy, funky, and fun.

Please, if you are reading and know me, stop by and see my house. I am so excited about it and want to show it off. We are also planning a mega-stuper-uber-awesome New Years/housewarming party. If I have not yet extended an invite, please email me and I will get you all of the particulars.

That's all for now...time to get back to work!

Yay for new houses!

Darbi

1 Comments:

At 1:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

But you fail to mention that your weekend started Friday night with a bit of drinking and then coming over to my apartment to jump start my packing. Makes for one long weekend. I may still be packing if you hadn't of offered to come over. I had no motivation.

I love the house. I feel at peace there.

CC

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com