Tuesday, December 07, 2004

Doing the Right Thing

Well, even after my liberating post yesterday I sort of spiraled down into a dark pit of thought. I started thinking about Chris...a lot. I allowed myself one last afternoon and evening of obsession over what we could have but don't. What I want but can't have. What is right in front of my face, but just out of reach. I blurted out a tangled mess of feelings at him that I don't think he really knew what to do with. I went and comiserated with my dear friend, and soon roommate, Carmilla. I really let myself wander into the deep choppy water.

I've gotten past that today, however. I woke up this morning knowing that last night was my final pathetic hurrah. I decided I would do the RIGHT THING. I made the decision to move on with my "Keeping Chris Casual" plan. While tomorrow is Wednesday and I will be going to the Cafe, I've already got plans for the weekend with another one of my "good" friends. I'm letting that tiny but powerful voice of reason in my head speak to my heart and motivate it out of the rut that it's in. I am alleviating the mental funk. I will work through this.... :-D

Now, just a little update on the housing situation, since I did mention Carmilla. In LESS THAN TWO WEEKS I will be in my house. I am SO excited. I can't wait!! Carmilla is going to rock as a roommate. I think that we will compliment each other well in a cohabitatating relationship. We're good friends and will enjoy the camraderie associated with being roommates, but I think we both realize the need for "alone" time and will respect that for one another. We're both pretty tolerant and communicate well - I don't see us flying off the handle over some little petty roomie problem. We are going to have a New Years Eve party - so we'll have to get some settling in quickly - but I'm sure we'll pull it off grandly. I'M SO EXCITED!! Can't wait...

Here's to turning over a new leaf...mentally and physically.

Darbi

1 Comments:

At 2:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You Rock Too! We are going to have a grand time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com