Wednesday, December 15, 2004

I Heart Blogs

I read blogs for about a year before deciding to start one. Every day I'd visit my list of favorites and pray for an update! I still have quite a few favorite blogs that I check on daily. Now, I know I should probably be blogrolling, but I'm lazy and haven't made it work yet. So instead I'm just going to cheese my blog up here with a little "Favorites" post.

My First
TJ's Place. TJ mysteriously stopped posting and there was a big controversy in the "comments" about whether he had died, or whether he never really existed at all. The comments have been taken down, but it's still a good damn site to read thru. Kevin's kind of an "everyman" that is very easy to relate to.

My Guilty Pleasure
Cheating Spouse X. He hasn't updated in a while either and I hope he doesn't plan on stopping. Reading his blog is like reading one of those steamy smut novels with Fabio on the cover. But I love it.

She's Damn Funny
Rotten Eggs. I just like the way this gal looks at life. She's struggling with certain things but still keeps a sense of humor. Whether her posts are funny or touching it's always a good read.

Fellow MINI Driver
Monkey Boy. This very cute but tragically married guy keeps a great blog. He likes a lot of the same things that I do and he's great to talk to. I like his style.

...and finally...
THE BEST BLOG ON THE WEB
Witt and Wisdom. I was hooked when I read "My Penis May Be A Terrorist" and have loved it ever since. Funny on the left, touching on the right. Always, always great writing. SOMEONE please give this guy a book deal!



In other news...
My Keeping Chris Casual plan is working out well these days. I've been spending a lot of time with my hip group of young co-workers and also spent a little quality time this week with another one of my good friends. I do still think about Chris a lot though...not in some puppy-love kind of a middle-school crush way but just missing having him around. I miss his friendship. His companionship. He's just a great guy to have around. He's a wonderful friend. It's Wednesday though and I will get to spend some time with him tonight. It's crazy chilly outside so it will be a bundle-up night at The Cafe...but sub-zero temperatures couldn't keep me away!

I'm moving into my new rental house this weekend and can't wait!! It's been so long coming and I am definitely ready. The Smut Hut will soon be swingin'!!

I'm turning more and more people on to my new relationship model. I've found, however, that many more women are interested in it than men. I wonder why that is...? I always thought it was the male gender that is more afraid of long-term commitments. Who knows....still gathering data and doing research. Any volunteers out there? Please email me! Ha!

That's all for now. I think I might actually do some work this afternoon!

Yay for Wednesday!!
Darbi

5 Comments:

At 2:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"however, that many more women are interested in it than men. I wonder why that is...?"

I'm not sure. But remember all of the obsessing I have been doing about A man. Well, another good friend of mine says that he really did want me to say the big L word. And that if that had scared him off, he would have broken up with me already. She thinks men need more reassurances than woman and looking back on a past relationship I can say it was true for that one. So, maybe she is right. What I am thinking is more men need the reassurance of long term relationships more than most woman?!

CC (Carmilla)

 
At 5:08 PM, Blogger egan said...

Thanks so much for giving a shout out to my site. Sorry about the tragically married aspect, but I promise to make it up in other ways.

Da Singe

 
At 2:35 PM, Blogger Queenjulie said...

Hey Darbi--Wow, I feel like a movie star or something! Thanks so much for including me and Rotten Eggs on your list of blogs. This is my first visit to yours, because I just noticed a link from here on my blog stats. Now I've got to be really witty all the time, since you said I'm funny! Oh, the pressure! :)

 
At 2:49 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Those are really good suggestions. I was getting tired of clicking the "Next Blog" button.

And yours is pretty good too!

Whatya know. There is life on the internet.

 
At 11:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Inspired to dig up one of my favorite blogs. I will admit that I have not read it in a few months with everything else going on in life I have not made the time. I have enjoyed it in the past. CC


http://captainhoof.tripod.com/blog/

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com