Monday, November 29, 2004

Resolving To Look On The Bright Side

Sometimes I consider myself to be quite the tortured soul. Sometimes I stop and wallow in my silly hang-ups and just wish for things to turn around. Every once in a while I take a look at my current situation and wish for something more.

And then there's my friend Sister. Sister is a tortured soul. She has something to wallow about. She should wish for something more. Sister loves a man who will not let her in. He's strung her along for two damn years, giving just enough to keep her heart firmly tucked in his back pocket where no one can see. Just when she's about to plant one foot firmly in the door he jerks the door closed again and waves through the window. Sister leaks like a old sink - she's always getting all weepy over something. I don't cry often, but thinking about the way that this jerk treats her will actually get me tearing up.
Sister, I KNOW that you read my blog and I'm telling you right now to just forget him. We took a vote at lunch today, Sister, and he's been voted off the damn island. Lose his number and move on. You deserve so much more.

The man who I hold dearest to my heart right now is an amazing person. Being around him makes me feel like a new person. Every day since I've met him has been better than the last. He makes me feel special. He makes me love me more. I feel worth something. I feel amazingly wonderfully astoundingly great.
And so right here, in front of everybody caught up in this huge world wide web, I want to say thank you. Thank you, Chris, for all that you've given to me - things I can't even begin to describe. Your friendship means so much to me I couldn't even put it to words if I sat here and edited for an hour. No matter what lies at the bottom of the cliff, or if we never jump at all, you will hold such a special place in my heart forever. You were exactly where I needed you, sitting under that tree in the rain, exactly when I needed you to be there. Thank you so, so much.
"Never shall I forget the times I spent with you; continue to be my friend, as you will always find me yours." - Ludwig van Beethoven

So today, my blogreaders, I am resolving to stop feeling so bad about my petty man-issues. I truly am SO thankful for what I have - even if its frustrating from time to time. I am going to spend more time being happy about what I do have and not obsessing over what I don't. Because what I have is great, and life is gooooooood.

Is it Wednesday yet?
Darbi

2 Comments:

At 7:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sister, it is Sister. The more I think about the angier I get at myself for not having enough pride in myself to say Goodbye. I truly love him and have given him full access to my life, heart and soul, so the question is, How do you walk away from someone who you have given complete access to all that you hold dear? Karma, Fate or God has a very sick sense of humor. There is no humor. My heart is in a million pieces and I feel physical pain with just a thought of walking away. So, how do I do that? How do I walk away? I am not like you I can't jump...I have failed before, what if...what if...

Now on a better subject. I envy you. You jump off the cliff, you dance and you take a path in life you have choosen. You are the sunshine in so many peoples lives, you make a difference just by walking in to a room. Your beauty is so bright. I only hope you see the beauty in you.

 
At 1:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am just posting a support for Sister. I just took a leap of faith this summer and left the "man of my dreams". It was the hardest thing I have ever done. But damn it, I am so much stronger now for it. So much of it is allowing him to go. That may not sound right "allowing" because you probably think that you don't have that control. I'm going to tell you that you are in control of the situation as much as he is. He has your heart in his back pocket only because you continue to leave it there. Take it back, turn around, walk away and be set FREE. It is your heart to give and your heart to take. Don't allow him access to it anymore. We only get one chance at this thing called life don't waste another second on someone who does not appreciate you, who does not want you for all that you are, who will close the door on you and then open it when he is ready again. Stop letting him pull the strings of your life, take them back!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com