Wednesday, November 10, 2004

How Soon is Too Soon?

So I've been thinking lately...maybe it's time to start a relationship.

How soon after leaving an asshole husband is it okay to consider this? I mean, sure, if I'd loved him completely up to the day that I left I would say I need to give it some time. But I'd say for the last year of our marraige I was already on the way out emotionally and started preparing myself for the inevitable. I will admit that I have cried TWICE since I left him - and that was over the dogs. I don't miss him at all - not even a little bit. I've met this great guy, Chris, and I'm trying to hard to NOT get into a serious relationship with him. These days I am considering the possibility that this is mostly because HE is not looking for a serious relationship. I keep it casual to keep from getting hurt. All it would take though is one "okay" from him for me to really want to give it a shot. I don't want to fall in love yet, but it would be nice to have someone to call my own...and someone to call me theirs. So I'm considering the possibility of finding a relationship. Of course, I'm also probably putting the cart WAY before the horse here - seeing as how there's no one exactly beating a path to my door to start one with me. I guess what I am saying here is that I am opening myself up to the possibility. So there you go.

It IS Wednesday and I AM going to the Cafe tonight with Chris. It's really starting to get a little chilly out in the eveings. We'll have to snuggle to keep warm....
:-D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com