Friday, May 20, 2005

Thankful

You know, a number of months ago I was here pining away over a guy who I thought was wonderful and amazing and everything I could ever ask for. For a number of months I thought my life would simply not be complete without him. Eventually I had to get over the sting that we would NEVER be together. Then I had to get over the sting of him dating a mutual friend. It was a little tough - only made tolerable by the fact that Chris and I were starting to see a lot of each other around the same time.

I just got out of her office. As wonderful as this guy is and as much as she loves him, he's simply not there for her like he should be. Chris is something of an emotional iceberg at times, but this guy makes him seem like frickin' Cassanova or something!

So today, I am ridiculously thankful for what I have. Chris is an amazing boyfriend. We have a wonderful time. I am always there for him, and he is there for me. We are similar in SO many ways, but where each of us falls short the other picks up the slack. I love my life with him.

That old bastard Mick Jagger had it right ...
"You can't always get what you want
But if you try sometimes you just might find
You just might find
You get what you need "

Off to Faire for the weekend soon! Yay! Have a great one!

Darbi

2 Comments:

At 11:49 PM, Blogger L said...

wow. that's awesome. and gives me so much hope.
:)

 
At 12:16 PM, Blogger The Merry Widow said...

CHECK YOUR EMAIL!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com