Thursday, May 12, 2005

Deep Thoughts on Life

It's Thursday. That's late enough in the week for deep thoughts on life, right? After all, tomorrow's the start of the weekend so we can all go back to forgetting... :-D

Here's my thoughts for today. I actually dreamed about them last night. Luckily, I remembered them waking up so I've got something worthwhile to blog about today.

Everybody says things like "Live like there's no tomorrow" and "Live each day as if it were your last". We've all heard these sayings for so long they've lost their power, I think. I thought last night about what exactly this means for me in my *own* little life and came to these conclusions.
If today might be my last day on earth, if I go to sleep tonight and never wake up again, what exactly am I doing with my life today that would make today worthy of being my last? Does this mean that I should spend every dime, skydive naked, and shit on my boss's desk? No. Because just as there is a chance that I will not see tomorrow, there's also the chance that I will. So what IS important in my life today to make it worthy of being my last? If the next 24 hours were my lifetime how should I go forward?

Is my job today important enough that I can call it a life's work?
Are the friends that I choose to spend my time with worthy to be lifelong friends?
Is the person that I choose to love today worthy of being the love of a lifetime?
More importantly, am I being a lifelong friend to my friends today?
And am I being the kind of person that is worthy of being the love of a lifetime?

You see...it's not about physically and tangibly living today as if it were my last. It's more about people and feelings. Don't waste your time worrying on things that won't matter later. Trust the people in your life. Only include people in your life that you CAN trust. And be a person in everyone else's life that they can trust, too. Don't waste time with people that don't matter, but give 100% to those that do. Love...love all you can. And express it as much as you can - even if it's not in words. With love, don't worry about what's going to happen in a month, or in six months. If you died in two days would you want to look back and know that you held your heart back from someone you loved because of worrying about a future that will never come?

These are just a few of the things that came to light in my dream last night. They're something of a jumble right now and I need to go back and clean some of this up, but for now it's time to get started with my day. I just wanted to get these thoughts and questions out here before they started to get lost in the fog of the coherant action.

Until later, because I've got to touch on this one again soon...
Darbi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com