Monday, March 14, 2005

Aarrrrrrrrrrggggggghhhhh!

That's my best pirate impression! Hahaha! I learned how to sail over the weekend!

My friend Dave (who I lived with for 3 months after first leaving my husband) invited me out to go sailing on his brother's boat on Saturday morning. Having no other plans thus far I decided it would be a great day for it. So we went and sailed and got the rails wet quite a few times! Jim's boat is a 29 foot sailboat and we did REAL sailing out in the Gulf of Mexico. I am officially a pirate! Aarrrrrrrrrrrggggggggghhhhhhhh!!

In all actuality - they did let me at the helm for the majority of the trip. I learned really quickly how to steer the boat and only got tossed around a few times! :-D I did get crispy on my neck and arms - but sunburns heal.

So here is a picture of me apres-sailing at a great little restaurant called Noah's Ark WAY off the beaten path in Kemah. GREAT food! Yum, catfish po' boy!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

That's all for now - wow, my blog is quickly becoming a photo blog. Surely I have more to say than this!

...actually I DO, but that's a topic for a later time. I wanted this to be a happy post! More later...yuck!

Darbi

1 Comments:

At 7:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pirate Darbi, sailing the Seven Seas, pulling over cruise ships until they hand over their musicians.

Film at 11.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com