Monday, January 10, 2005

Well, if you're gonna do it... might as well do it BIG.

Today concludes the absolutely most insane extended party weekend of my life. I can't even believe how much craziness went on with my weekend. Between Wednesday and Saturday I got a combined total of around 11 hours of sleep. I made up for this by sleeping around 13 on Sunday morning and afternoon.

So here's how it happened. Friday I got off work, grabbed an hour of sleep, got up and went out to Fox and Hound - a local "pub" - for drinks with my singles group. I met a new "friend" there that night - Albert. He's a very nice guy - a lot older than I am. I found his general "looking for people in the Woodlands" ad on Craigslist and decided to steer him to our singles message board. My original plan was to have my drinks and bow out early to go home and start catching up on sleep. Instead I got talked into riding down to Katy (looooong drive) to see a band play. On the way home we stopped at a little-known but quite posh sushi bar. There was a dj spinning and only a few people in the club. I hope we go back to this place soon. I love live bands, but I have definitely been missing the beat lately. Probably got home about 4:30am for a few hours of sleep...

Saturday - up early (grrr) - at 8:30 am to drive into Houston for my MINI club meeting. Left there, went home, showered and dressed, then back down south for a friend's Mary Kay party. Now, I am not a girly-girl. I don't wear makeup. But I actually found something quite wonderful and useful at the party. Mary Kay has a soothing eye gel that is supposed to help tired eyes and reduce puffiness. I tried a sample and my eyes looked and felt a little less like I'd had only 11 hours of sleep - so I bought some. I was also quite impressed with some of their other non-makeupy stuff so I decided to have a party of my own. Sunday the 16th - if anyone's interested!! Anywhoooo...left the Mary Kay party and went to a ritual with a Pagan Women's group that I am a member of. Left the ritual/party at about 9 Saturday night (still smelling like campfire, thank you) and decided to head out to Martini's and More - a fancy little hole-in-the-wall place in the Woodlands which is ALWAYS a ton of fun. Listened to the live band (called Clockwork) and danced my little ass off for the 4th night in a row. When the band stopped playing and the lights turned on I told a sad Albert that I was simply too exhausted and was going home to go to bed. There will be more time for Albert - he's officially a message boarder and he's also taking me to the Ani DiFranco I'll worry about him later.

I slept past 3pm on Sunday afternoon and just took it easy for the rest of the day. I did clean up the disaster area a.k.a. my bedroom and changed my sheets. I'd had about 15 outfit changes over the course of my 4 day spree and clothes had just stayed where they fell for the entire time. Sheets were still sandy from Chris's dirty feet on Wednesday night (sigh...I LOVE dirty boys).

So now I'm ready to start this week. I'm hoping for a little less insanity, but damn - it sure was a lot of fun!



Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from