Monday, January 24, 2005

Blogging in the dark...

Why? Because I can. No...not the actual dark - I'm actually in a well-lit common area but it IS dark outside. I'm currently at the local community college sharkin' off their wifi while I wait for a good friend to make it out of class. Why am I waiting, you ask? Well...lemme tell ya - my poor bud has had the roughest of days. One of those shitty-and-a-half days that no one can fix except for my buddy Jose. And to Jose she went. With no food on her stomach she went to Jose 5 times in a matter of minutes. She washed him down with a little bit of Taco Hell. This would all be well and good if she could drown her sorrows and go to bed, but unfortunately today was day one of one of the new semester's classes. It's always a bad idea to miss day one of any class - so we decided she needed to show up anyway. So here we are...
My good friend was in no condition to drive and so she called me. Upon picking her up I soon realized that she was in no condition to even find the classroom! So we stopped and picked her up a latte from Starbucks and I walked her to class. I am now sitting on a nice, and surprisingly comfy, couch at the college waiting for her to get out of class. I hesitate to leave, even though there are errands to run and chores at home, because who knows what she'll feel like after a couple of hours sitting in an uncomfortable college plastic chair. I will take her home, let her talk with Jose some more, and put her to bed early with a glass of water and a couple of asprin. She'll be fine. I know she will. Because she is strong.

Which leaves me here, on the comfy couch, at the college. I've blogged my little heart out today catching you all up on my current mental facilities. But I'm here...and I have internet access...which draws me to blogging.

What is it about this strange little candy machine in front of me that draws people to sing? I can't figure it out. I swear to the goddess, though, in the hour and a half that I have been sitting here every single person who has walked up to this vending machine has been either humming a tune or all-out belting a song. I have this ridiculous urge to sing along, to ask the person what they're singing to see if I know the words. It's a lot of fun. Strange people humming strange tunes...and my personal favorite - a skinny little preppy girl belting out a song like she was auditioning for American Idol. I don't think she knew I was here...

T-minus about 25 hours and counting until I see Chris again. It's been quite a challenge to go from seeing at least one other person every week to not seeing anyone at all. But aside from the physical, I am feeling better. Mentally and emotionally I'm feeling better. I think this will work out.

I'm going to go ahead and post this now...can't really think of too much to blog about. Maybe I'll go back thru some of my old and unfinished posts and dig something up there. But just in case I don't blog again tonight, goodnight.

It's dark outside...and I'm blogging. It's nice. Geez we've gotta get internet access at home!

1 Comments:

At 10:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks again. I could not have made it thru the day without you and a few other good friends. Not to mention Jose.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com