Monday, September 20, 2004

*SCARED* I need a date!

Okay. I don't think I've been this nervous about anything in a long time.

I know I've talked a lot in this blog about needing certin things from that other gender, but I guess I haven't really put it in the context of a date. But now the time has come and I need one - and I'm SO nervous!!

One of the things that was talked about at the retreat this weekend was the Witch's Ball. This is like a big Halloween party for the Pagan community in Houston. It's held at a nice club downtown and is supposed to be a pretty big production - but it apparently is not one of those things that you want to show up at solo. So I've got to find a date. A real date. I've committed myself this morning, in fact, by buying TWO tickets. But this is a REAL date. Not just an "I want to take you out and have a couple of drinks with you before I attempt to have sex with you" kind of date - but a real "We are going out together to an event for the event's sake and if sex is not expected" date. Just to throw another wrench in this whole situation - it's not just a regular party - it's a COSTUME party. I'm told that while costumes are "optional", they're NOT - if you get my drift.

So I've got to find someone who 1) would actually go on a date with me 2) would put on a costume and go on a date with me 3) would go on a date with me, dressed in a costume, and be comfortable with a club-full of Pagans.

Already in my mind I have a list running of viable candidates. I have NEVER dated before. How does this work? Do I ask everybody and hope only one says yes? Do I start with my first pick and move on as I'm shot down? Do I start with the best bet of a "yes" answer and move on from there? How is this supposed to work?? EEEEEEeeeeeek!

Anyone?? Anyone?? Somebody tell me how this is supposed to work!

Darbi

1 Comments:

At 9:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Sister...You are on your own...I am so clueless about asking a guy for anything, including the money he owes me...But I think you might be amazed if you jumped out of the frying pan into the fire and asked him...Just openly and honestly asked him, as a friend...No string involved...What do you think?

You know if we weren't grown women I would ask him for you...hahahhaa...High School thank God I graduated a million years ago. C:-]

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com