Monday, September 20, 2004

*SCARED* I need a date!

Okay. I don't think I've been this nervous about anything in a long time.

I know I've talked a lot in this blog about needing certin things from that other gender, but I guess I haven't really put it in the context of a date. But now the time has come and I need one - and I'm SO nervous!!

One of the things that was talked about at the retreat this weekend was the Witch's Ball. This is like a big Halloween party for the Pagan community in Houston. It's held at a nice club downtown and is supposed to be a pretty big production - but it apparently is not one of those things that you want to show up at solo. So I've got to find a date. A real date. I've committed myself this morning, in fact, by buying TWO tickets. But this is a REAL date. Not just an "I want to take you out and have a couple of drinks with you before I attempt to have sex with you" kind of date - but a real "We are going out together to an event for the event's sake and if sex is not expected" date. Just to throw another wrench in this whole situation - it's not just a regular party - it's a COSTUME party. I'm told that while costumes are "optional", they're NOT - if you get my drift.

So I've got to find someone who 1) would actually go on a date with me 2) would put on a costume and go on a date with me 3) would go on a date with me, dressed in a costume, and be comfortable with a club-full of Pagans.

Already in my mind I have a list running of viable candidates. I have NEVER dated before. How does this work? Do I ask everybody and hope only one says yes? Do I start with my first pick and move on as I'm shot down? Do I start with the best bet of a "yes" answer and move on from there? How is this supposed to work?? EEEEEEeeeeeek!

Anyone?? Anyone?? Somebody tell me how this is supposed to work!

Darbi

2 Comments:

At 9:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Sister...You are on your own...I am so clueless about asking a guy for anything, including the money he owes me...But I think you might be amazed if you jumped out of the frying pan into the fire and asked him...Just openly and honestly asked him, as a friend...No string involved...What do you think?

You know if we weren't grown women I would ask him for you...hahahhaa...High School thank God I graduated a million years ago. C:-]

 
At 6:53 AM, Blogger Tex-Mex Devil said...

Welp, I can only tell you from my own experience that when a female asks you out its very flattering, but I think before you start asking people left and right you need to find out what you want out of the event.

If you want to take someone you're romantically interested in, then I would take my list of potential dates much more serious and kind of do an unofficial ranking. Then, move on down the list but also making sure that if you ask more than one person not to let them know that they're second choice (its not pretty if they find out).

If you want to go to the ball and just have a good time, then take someone you know you're comfortable around like a good friend. Friends won't get mad if they're second choices, especially guy friends.

The problem is when you ask a friend out and then it turns into something more than friends.... thats always fun though too.

Hope this helps, love your blog... and thanks for the comments on mine!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com