Friday, May 27, 2005

I Can't Figure Me Out

Okay - so I haven't been posting a lot lately. What a bad blogger I am! But at least I'm posting more than the Courteous Tater! I don't know what's up with me. I guess I just haven't been much in the mood for blogging lately. I'm not particularly in a funk...I'm not particularly ANYWHERE these days I don't think.

Sleep has been a major pain lately. I never feel like I'm getting enough of it. Wednesday night was an AWESOME night out at the Cafe - Chris and I were joined by the Merry Widow and we had a great time. So Thursday I was understandably sleepy at work. The work day was a hard one ... even if I had gotten ten hours of sleep the night before, Thursday was one of those days that would have worn me out. My schedule was completely thrown off by unplanned things, everyone wanted EVERYTHING five minutes ago, and it was just a busy day in general. So last night I got home and took myself a nice little nap - all curled up and snuggly in the bed with Chris. Up for a few hours, then back to bed again. Last night in addition to my nap, I got almost eight hours of sleep, and somehow today I'm still sleepy! I don't know what is wrong with me! I'm running low on my thyroid medicine - that has something to do with it I'm sure. Perhaps I just need a little down time. Running back and forth to Faire on the weekends kind of takes it out of me I think. I'm so sad that this is the last weekend, but I suppose I'm welcoming the break.

I figured I would spend a little time today catching you blogreaders up on my "running" episodes. I'll start by telling you my most classic example - the MIP incident in college.
I went to college for one semester up at the University of North Texas. I lived in the dorms. The dorms opened a week before classes and I moved in right away. I was competely determined to get myself "out there" and meet as many people as possible. Running up and down the hallways during my first day in the dorms, I ran into a gal named Aliece - doing exactly the same thing! We were instant friends and she lived just across the hall. We were immediately inseparable. We were getting ourselves involved in many of the "first week" activities - one of which was an outing to a Rangers game with the campus spirit group, which we were considering rushing. Leaving the Rangers game and coming back into Denton, it was still pretty early. We decided to drive around town a bit and just familiarize ourselves with the area. It was each of our first times to drive around through Denton.
Taking one corner, we heard a *CRASH* come from the back of her car. Thinking that she may have left a box or something in the trunk from the big move-in, we decide to pull over and see what damage may have been done. We pulled over into the parking area of a little strip mall, parked, and went around to the trunk. We opened the trunk and found a thermal pizza-bag full of beers. The velcro on the bag had let go and the bottles had gone flying through the trunk. You see, Aliece's brother was a pizza delivery guy - and he had borrowed her car the week before. We decided we better get back to campus and get rid of it (both being underage and all). We close the trunk and begin to step back towards our seats when three cars pull quickly around us in the parking lot. Police exit the vehicles and ask to look in the trunk. We (dumbasses) open the trunk. Both of us were issued MIPs. Shit.
Weeks passed. I didn't tell anyone anything. We didn't discuss it. The matter was never thought of again. I didn't call my parents. I forgot about it. Why? Because I was running. I'd never gotten as much as a SPEEDING TICKET in my entire life. I had no idea how to deal with it. So I didn't. Finally - stress and worry caught up with me and I spent about 2 weeks in bed - skipping classes and ditching friends, dreading the fact that I was going to eventually have to call my folks and tell them what had happened. Eventually I broke down and had a very tearful conversation with my mom on the phone - I explained the whole thing. My parents got me a lawyer, who eventually got the charges dropped. No problem. Everything worked out in the end.

However this DOES show you exactly what happens when I decide to run. I competely forget about whatever it is that ails me, only causing to further the problems. This is what I am dealing with now.

The current demon stalking me - money. Credit card debt. Baaaaad credit card debt. When I left my husband I was so happy with being FREE I kind of forgot all responsibility in life. I had a number of credit accounts that I was responsible for paying that just kind of fell to the wayside. I haven't paid them in months. Back when I was paying little-to-no rent I should have caught up with these little bastards - but I was too busy out having FUN and playing and spending money on lovely little trinkets and hotel rooms :-D ...ooooooops.

My goal in life right now is to stop, turn, and face this demon - catch up on my bills and start rebuilding my credit. I'm attempting to do this without the 2+ week hiatus of bed-wallowing. I think I can pull it off. I KNOW I can.



How's THAT for a catchup blog? Hahaha!

Last weekend for Scarborough Faire! Bittersweet....

Darbi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com