Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Drained but Well

You know, I feel guilty. I committed myself some time back to putting myself back onto a more spiritual path, to working some magick at least a couple of times a week, to getting back in touch with the god and goddess within. As with many things in my life, I fell short.

The powers-that-be do have a way of reminding me where I should go...

Over the last week I have had a lot of tragedy, trial, and opportuinity in my life. Friends in need, friends in trouble, and friends needing just a little extra push. I've been drawn more and more to really put forth an effort - to work a little magic - and to send a lot of positive energy their way. And so I decided that tonight was the night.

I came home from work - sick and sleepy - and took a nap. Witches need their rest and energy to work a good spell. I ate. I centered myself and I prepared. And I went for it.

A laundry list of friends and needs. Candles, incense, calling the quarters, and spells. Drawing energy and sending it out. Healing, security, peace, hope, confidence, and love. I hope I did enough.

Gathering and sending that kind of energy has left me feeling very drained, but very happy. This is what I love about Wicca the most. I am not just falling to my knees in my room begging some omnipotent and painfully distant diety for help. I have the power within me and around me. I can summon that energy and direct it where I believe that it should go. I am empowered.

I

am

empowered.

In case you weren't aware - that's a very powerful feeling. :-D
For a person with my past and having lived through what I have, a feeling of being in control, a feeling of having that power is an amazing feeling. I deserve it.

And so I will go on with my evening. It's Wednesday and I may go to the Cafe (if Chris can make it off of the Gamecube ;-) ) As tired as I am I will dance and I will be with my friends. Life will be great.

And to those whom I have sent energy to tonight, I hope that you receive it and that it finds you well and empowered yourself.

Blessed be,
Darbi

1 Comments:

At 8:51 PM, Blogger The Merry Widow said...

Hey, will you send some "Merry Widow needs to find a DECENT, HONEST, and HOT man" energy my way?

Just kidding. I'm glad that you are doing well.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com