Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Drained but Well

You know, I feel guilty. I committed myself some time back to putting myself back onto a more spiritual path, to working some magick at least a couple of times a week, to getting back in touch with the god and goddess within. As with many things in my life, I fell short.

The powers-that-be do have a way of reminding me where I should go...

Over the last week I have had a lot of tragedy, trial, and opportuinity in my life. Friends in need, friends in trouble, and friends needing just a little extra push. I've been drawn more and more to really put forth an effort - to work a little magic - and to send a lot of positive energy their way. And so I decided that tonight was the night.

I came home from work - sick and sleepy - and took a nap. Witches need their rest and energy to work a good spell. I ate. I centered myself and I prepared. And I went for it.

A laundry list of friends and needs. Candles, incense, calling the quarters, and spells. Drawing energy and sending it out. Healing, security, peace, hope, confidence, and love. I hope I did enough.

Gathering and sending that kind of energy has left me feeling very drained, but very happy. This is what I love about Wicca the most. I am not just falling to my knees in my room begging some omnipotent and painfully distant diety for help. I have the power within me and around me. I can summon that energy and direct it where I believe that it should go. I am empowered.

I

am

empowered.

In case you weren't aware - that's a very powerful feeling. :-D
For a person with my past and having lived through what I have, a feeling of being in control, a feeling of having that power is an amazing feeling. I deserve it.

And so I will go on with my evening. It's Wednesday and I may go to the Cafe (if Chris can make it off of the Gamecube ;-) ) As tired as I am I will dance and I will be with my friends. Life will be great.

And to those whom I have sent energy to tonight, I hope that you receive it and that it finds you well and empowered yourself.

Blessed be,
Darbi

2 Comments:

At 8:51 PM, Blogger The Merry Widow said...

Hey, will you send some "Merry Widow needs to find a DECENT, HONEST, and HOT man" energy my way?

Just kidding. I'm glad that you are doing well.

 
At 6:24 AM, Blogger Agent 99 said...

And may that energy and strength be with you as well Sister.

"A friend hears the song in my heart and sings it to me when my memory fails."

Here's to many years of singing to eachother in times of need. :-D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com