Friday, April 08, 2005

What's Your Love Number?

Don’t know?? I’m not surprised. Because I just made it up!! :-D

Those of you who know me and who have read my blog know my disappointment with the word “love”. It’s simply used to cover too many actual emotions. I can love hot dogs, my grandma, and the person lying next to me in bed at the same time. That’s too much of a spread for my liking. Despite my disappointments with the word, however, I am going to use it in a pretty broad sense here.

I am going to narrow the scope of “love” for the evening to lustful love, romantic love, and *true* love that you might feel for a member of the opposite sex (or a member of the same sex if you tend to swing that general direction). There are those people that you appreciate their appearance, those that you develop crushes on, people who become special friends, and then those that you *love* - that real, true, soul mate love. For the instances of my love number – I love ALL of these people in some way…because really, I believe that I do.

Think of this love on a scale from 1-10 with 1 being a fleeting, lustful thought, and a 10 being real, true love. Some people in life only need 1 love – they have a love number of 10. Some people need more, around a 15 or even 20! Some people may not need as much love and can survive with a 6. Everyone has a different love number.

I think that 10 is my love number. I think that if I ever am lucky enough to find a soul mate – my number 10 – that is all I will need in this world. Until then of course, I will live my life with a plethora of level 1 crushes, a few level 2 “friends”, or a couple of really special people. 10 is a good number for me…I am happy at 10.

I think that I am currently sitting quite happily at 10. I think that I have 2 main loves right now – a 6 and a 4. Two very important men – close in comparison but one slightly above the other. They may even be a 5.5 and 4.5… but that’s just splitting hairs. :-D

What will the future bring? Who ever really knows? Maybe one will break my heart and I’ll have to fill those gaps with a new crush or crushes. Maybe one will fall away into a friend. The number doesn’t have to keep the same balance – it just has to be there. It’s where I need to be happy. It’s where my heart feels right.

So find your love number and fill your life with enough love to reach it. Loving makes you happy and loving makes you whole. Love with all you have, love like you’ve never felt your heart break, and love absolutely. It’s good for you. This is my wish for all of you.

And if you happen to really think about it - let me know what you find out!

And now I will broaden my definition of love once again to include all of you – my dear friends and blogreaders. I love y’all!

Darbi

2 Comments:

At 5:58 PM, Blogger Darbi said...

THIS, my friends, is the greatest blog in the world. Of course, it isn't ACTUALLY but it sure felt like it was at the time when the damn thing wouldn't post! I just thought it was a damn cool idea and it kept my little mind busy for a good bit of the day. So now..onto other things...:-D

 
At 6:54 PM, Blogger The Merry Widow said...

I used to be at 10. One person...he made it at 10 for me. I think that right now, I'm at a 4. One person at 1. One person at 3. But I need 10. I'll find it again one day.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com