Thursday, April 14, 2005

Blog Referral

I PROMISE this blog is not the product of laziness.

Okay...this blog is not ONLY the product of laziness.

Let me tell you one of the reasons why I love you all. I truly believe that I have some of the most intelligent friends. You all have such wonderful perspective and great ideas. My friend Nicole posted a really interesting subject on HER blog which I replied to. I got to thinking and I'd like to hear all of your opinions on the subject as well. So please visit her blog and reply back here or there.

Flex your brain muscles, folks!

Darbi

2 Comments:

At 9:42 PM, Blogger The Merry Widow said...

Too much thinking...need sleep.

 
At 1:10 PM, Blogger Jessie B said...

Hi Darbi!

As a psych major, I find this interesting. Piaget studied child-development, specifically. And I think what he *really* meant by equilibration has to do with finding a balance between things we think are *the norm* and instances that step outside that box. If you take a very basic example: Say a child only ever sees Dogs that a brown, they come up with the schema - "all dogs are brown" then one day they happen across a black dog and experience momentary disequilibration because this dog is outside of their schema. They would then assimilate this new info to include "dogs can be brown OR black" and so forth. I would say that for sure, in a sense, it is human nature to take in new information from out evironments and include it within an existing framework. And the last question your friend asks is one that I ask myself everyday as I study. The hard thing about psychology is that even though we have all these great theories about behaviour there is never ever an underlying answer to WHY. Cognitivley, I know it is stupid to worry and get tense and anxious, yet I do it (as an example). That being said, although there is no why, if history has proven anything it is that we are all, to a degree, predicatble. If not there would be no science of psychology at all. OK, me thinks im done now ! :D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com