Thursday, June 30, 2005

Lifestyles of the Perfect and Fabulous


Good evening, I’m Robin Screach for Lifestyles of the Perfect and Fabulous. Today we’ll be taking an extensive peep into the life of the ultimate queen of Perfect and Fabulous herself, Darbi. That’s right; we are here tonight with the Head Mistress of Happiness, to find out exactly what it takes to make life so perfect and fabulous.

Robin: Good evening, Darbi! Thank you so much for inviting me into your perfect and fabulous world today to have a little chat.

Darbi: No problem, Robin! You see, a big part of being so perfect and fabulous is remembering the little people that helped me along the way. So I figured I could take a few minutes out of my perfect and fabulous schedule to help you all become nearly as perfect and fabulous as me.

Robin: So, tell me. When did you first realize that you were destined to be Perfect and Fabulous?

Darbi: You know, I think that I knew right away. Even as a baby I insisted that people treat me as royalty. I had to have silk diapers and ate caviar instead of baby food.

Robin: Wow! So you’ve had a lot of time to perfect the art. What advice would you give to us lowly mortals who are just trying to reach the bottom of the Perfect and Fabulous Mountain that you have managed to scale?

Darbi: Well that’s easy, Robin. It takes no skill whatsoever. You simply have to be BORN THAT WAY! (condescending, quiet laugh)

Robin: (Clears throat) Well, I guess that sums it up for us, then, friends. That’s all the time we have for today. Thank you so much, Darbi, for being so Perfect and Fabulous and allowing us some time to talk here today.

Darbi: You’re SO welcome!

*Insert cheesy credit music*

Okay, okay, okay…so I had a little fun with this evening’s blog. Here’s the real scoop. I went to ridiculous extremes to show how ridiculous it is to think that anyone in this world is perfect, or that I myself am fabulous. I don’t have any self-esteem issues and do consider myself to be a pretty nice gal and a lot of fun to hang around with. I do not, however, believe that I am better than anyone else in this world or look down on anyone.

But here’s the long and short of it. If the life that I live is considered *perfect and fabulous* to anyone let me tell you how I do it.

I keep a positive attitude.
I am a good friend to others, which in turn brings good friends for me.
I am always honest.
I try and do good deeds and help people (known or not) whenever I can.
I smile at strangers.
I sing – with people, without people, and in public (this is especially great at the grocery store shopping alone *grin*)
I dance – also whenever the mood strikes me. It’s best done with your eyes closed!
I spend time in the sunshine.
I take the time to talk to people. I hear stories…I tell stories. It’s life.
I take chances. What’s the worst that can happen?
I love. Everybody. Even if it’s just a little bit. A little love in someone’s life can make all of the difference, and it comes back to you too.

My grandfather was a rough, vulgar, and mean son-of-a-bitch. He was an alcoholic by the age of 10, was a bastard to my grandmother, cursed, and got arrested – a lot. In his last years he began to soften. He always told me, “You just stay as sweet as you are and everybody will always love you.” I thought these were great words of advice and I’ve always tried to live by them. Unfortunately he wasn’t 100% right…there are some people in this world who refuse to be nice, no matter how nice I try to be. But of course, I tried. I spent the time and that’s all it cost me. At least I can say that I made the effort.

Life has been good to me, and I am very happy with where I am. However life is NOT perfect. I have my share of flaws and I have my share of troubles. What I believe with my whole heart, however, is that I have put a lot of positive out into this world. And I think that when you do that, the positive starts to shine right back.

And that’s all – what a looooong post! I leave you…

…not quite perfect, but feeling fabulous,

Darbi

2 Comments:

At 6:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Darbi, sweetie, it's been too long! Next time you're in NYC, we've gotta go clubbing again. You're over the top, baby!

- Paris

P.S. Thank GOD those terrible hackers didn't get the photos of us at that party with Johnny and Leo!

P.P.S. This is, like, private email, right?

 
At 4:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love you!!!!

You'll always be fabulous in my book--maybe not perfect--but definitely fabulous.

(K)
Robyn

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com