Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Drama, Drama, Drama

Ask and ye shall receive.

I don't buy into a lot of that Christian hullabaloo...but this one is definitely something that sticks in my book.

I need something to keep me busy. I need something to keep my mind off Chris being so far away for two weeks.

Well here ya go, buddies!!

Sisters, sisters, sisters. Thank goddess my life is not nearly as dramatic as theirs is.

One sister is in the middle of a HELLUVA muck ... unfortunately I can't post any details here. I'm under gag order. But those of you who cruise the sisters' blogs might be able to glean something here or there if you can put two and two together. Suffice it to say that it has supplied me with AMPLE reason to spend my mental energies worrying over her future, a man's future, and their kids, jobs, and pretty much everything else surrounding their lives. My most selfish concern - between the muck and a family death I don't know WHAT my plans for the Fourth will be. It's totally up in the air now. Maybe it will just be me, Sister, and Dude hangin' at my casa...

And then Sister...she voted him off the island, but he's not quite out of her heart. She's got OTHER interests, but I think we've decided she's not going nearly as far there as this guy wants her to go. It's a good thing, though, I promise about that one. She's packing up her stuff and her Dude, I think, and coming to spend the weekend with me. If we can make it up to the *official* party (if the party is still ON) we will do that on Saturday. If not it will be us at the house. I hope that this will give her some time away to think about what is going on in her life and make some good, sound decisions.

Then of course, there's me! :-D Luckily, the other interest in Sister's life may soon be an interest of my own. I think this will serve a couple of purposes. First it will possibly take his focus off of Sister a bit to help her get away and do some thinking. Next, it's helping me, of course by keeping me busy while Chris is away *wink*... Sister is cool with it, so I figure why not? It's all in fun, right?

So...that's a quick 5-minute rundown in the world of me and the Sisters. Holy shit, there's a lot going on. MUST throw cards, MUST sit and talk, MUST do some thinkin'. It will all turn out in the end ... because life can be good. Eventually shit stops flying your way and things turn to the positive. I just have to keep a smile on my face and a song in my heart.

Turning my face into the sunshine (hopin' I don't get burned, heh heh),
Darbi

2 Comments:

At 11:03 AM, Blogger The Merry Widow said...

I wanna throw cards with you!!! Well, I should say I want you to throw cards at me.

This week has been BUSY for me. Haven't had a night off in awhile and it looks like it won't let up until after the weekend. (Yay!)

Which reminds me: Wanna go to the parade with me this Monday?

 
At 12:15 PM, Blogger Darbi said...

Sounds like some sort of weird Chinese torture ... card throwing ... hahaha!

I'd LOVE to do the parade with you Monday.

Check your email!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com