Friday, June 03, 2005

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Today is my best friend Robyn's birthday. We're both 24 now...man we're OLD! hahahaha Woohoo!!! I only hope that her boyfriend Matt is taking her out and showing her as good of a time as I would if I were there.

Here are some reasons why I love Robyn:

1. I suck at birthdays. I can't remember them for shit. But I've always been GREAT with phone numbers. I love Robyn because her phone number when we were teenagers IS her birthday. So as long as I can remember that her phone number ended in 6381, I'll know her birthday - 6/3/81.

2. Robyn is as "terrible" as a friend as I am. We suck at calling. We suck at checking in. We go for months without talking to one another. But I love her madly and she loves me. It doesn't matter how long it's been I know if I ever needed her I could call and catch right back up.

3. Robyn is a cheap date. When Duke lost the championship my senior year I didn't have to spend lots of money to go out and get her drunk. All I had to do was drive her down the "WHEE Hill" a few times. And this was back when gas was WELL under two bucks a gallon - so the cost was pretty minimal. :-D heeheehee

4. I can't think of anyone else in the entire world that I would rather laugh with, cry with, or both...as the situation may call for.

5. She supports me always - no matter how stupid my decision.

6. She recognizes the importance of the random 1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

7. I set her up with her first free Yahoo email account and while she uses a hotmail account now, she still uses the same name that I picked for her.

8. From miles and miles away we seem to be maturing at the same rate. This is important in a friendship, I think. So many times friends separate and grow apart in maturity. I see us growing into our unique personalities - but at the root we are still the same.

9. She's an alto and I'm a soprano (mostly...not so much after years of smoking) and so we can pay homage to Mr. Donut in harmony!

10. She's managed to stay humble, even after years of accumulating ex-boyfriends who still call to profess their undying love...especially after about 12 beers! (I still swear she's got beer-flavored nipples...)

That's 10...the list could go on forever.

Happy Happy Happy Happy Happy Birthday, dear! I miss you like crazy and hope that Chris and I can make it up to see you soon. OR...you can come down to the big city!

Love, love, and more love!
Darbi

1 Comments:

At 10:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have NO idea how much I needed to sit down and read this tonight. I love you...and I miss you soooooo much it aches at times. I wish you could have been here today. Here's hoping for next year!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Love you (K)
Robyn

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com