Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Random Sickly Blogging

I have a lot of stuff to say but no patience or motivation to make multiple posts, edit, or even make much of an attempt. So here's today's completely random, strem-of-consciousness blog.

First thing, my birthday ended up being not quite so bad after all. Chris and I went out for a sundae at Sonic in the ULTIMATE Sonic vehicle...Molly the van...who is back home with Chris finally. I am so ridiculously happy for him even though I don't think I've really been able to show it lately with as sick as I have been. He looks so happy driving her and being in her and around her and all of the rest of it. He looks like he's come home too...his pretty little mobile, orange and white home. I'm happy for both of them...THIS is why I put so much money towards her repair...THIS is what I wanted to see. It's worth every penny. Anywhoo...after sundaes in Molly we went by to see the Merry Widow who is a LOVELY friend and lives way too close for me to see her as rarely as I do. We sat around her house and just talked...and it was awesome. So next year, you guys mark your calendars, and throw me a big damn party - but this year's birthday was great too...

As far as being sick goes...I've been sick pretty much constantly for a couple of months. It's crappy. I quit smoking and I get sick. I thought I was supposed to have the smoker's cough WHILE I was smoking. Life is not fair. But here is the silly thing - and I love all you blogreaders enough to share this with you - my mucous is not infected looking! Sick for 2 months - two months of snotty nose, hacking, coughing, and blowing and nothing exiting my body is dark or scary or funky looking. Shouldn't I have developed some horrible infection by now? This is just too weird - and also the reason why I refuse to go to the doctor about it. I have reached the "drainage nausea" portion of my sickness though - which is a good sign because that part usually comes last. So...a couple of days of coughing until I puke and puking until I dry heave and I should have this thing licked! Woo hoo! I'm way too exited about having my head stuck in the trashcan...

And my final quick random thought before going to lumpch...is my hard-headedness when I am sick. I don't like people around. I don't like people fawning over me and asking if there is anything they can do. I hate being cared for. That's just me. Only my mom...she's the one that can take care of me and bring me stuff and knows what to do when I am sick. But something weird happened last night. I wanted Chris around. I didn't want him to actually DO anything...but I wanted him in the room. I didn't mind if he saw me at my worst and ugliest. It didn't matter to me. I just wanted him near. We had a discussion about this last week and I think this is what really sets him apart from everybody else in my life and why he is my *boyfriend*. I don't just want him around to have a good time with, I don't just want happy times with him. I want him around all the time - for the good and the bad and the plain old mediocre...(mmmmmm...slightly warm.....) :-D I need to go back and do a check on my Love Number...I'm scared...

Lumpch time...gotta run!

Send some healing energy my way - my sinuses could use it!

Darbi

2 Comments:

At 11:37 AM, Blogger L said...

oh my ..
i hope you feel better soon!
you remind me alot of an old friend of mine (i thought this before this post) and then when i read the part about coughing until you puke and then dry heave i was like ooooh lordy - because she's the only other person i have ever known who does that when she's sick. crazy stuff!
i'm glad your bday turned out good. :)
xxxooo
L~

 
At 10:08 PM, Blogger The Merry Widow said...

I have fun on Monday! But next time I want to be a part of the Sonic extravaganza.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com