Tuesday, August 17, 2004

OUCH!

OUCH! Did anyone else notice that my last blog read like someone puked a lot of really horrible sentences onto a computer screen? The reason for that - yeah - I was hung-the-fark-over. It's really kind of sad. I had so many really important things that I wanted to say about my Friday night out rockin' the small live music scene in my cheesy suburb of Houston.

(a small aside to add that since no one is actually READING my blog, there is no one to notice the horrible puking incident of the last blog...so I feel a little bit better)

Now back to the important things.
In my very humble, and often misguided, opinion in order to really love music you have to love it all. You have to love the art of molding random notes and beats into a song. It doesn't matter if its classical, rap, metal, or jazz - you must appreciate the talent that it took to produce a good piece of music. THIS, my friends, is why live music is so important. To go and see the music being made, to feel the vibrations flowing from the speakers into your chest - that is what makes music real. I love the blues - I love to sway to the bass line and look into a good blues singer's eyes as he's wailing. Like Friday, in the same night, I love a mosh pit. I love standing at the front of a crowd feeling the anger screaming from a guitar - so much anger that the crowd breaks out into a shoving match. And after you're knocked to the ground by a scary looking guy twice your size, he stops moshing, turns around, and helps you up. Because, after all, it's not about hurting the individual - it's about feeling the music.
Yes, I've been a raver. Two of my favorite quotes came from my days as a raver. Now seems like a good time to dust them off.

1. MUSIC is the drug

2. Fuck the rave act, let's dance.

2 Comments:

At 7:45 AM, Blogger Humble Human said...

Came across your blog by chance, and i read the two mot recent posts, i live in Tenerife at the momeny, but my real home is london, where i have a lot in common with you when it comes to loving and livng live music. I lik what you have to say about it and admire your tastes, its great to finally meet somoene whos so restricted to just one genre of music that they put down all the rest of them. i've put your blog on my favourite and will read more later, it sounds quite interesting. Here's mine if you want to take a look. www.humblehuman.blogspot.com

 
At 1:30 PM, Blogger Darbi said...

....wow.....
you know I never really thought of anyone else reading my blog, but I guess it's kinda cool too! thanks for reading!

Darbi

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com